1. WILL THERE BE FOOD AND DRINKS AT THE END?
Yes, we will have food and drinks from a variety of local restaurants for all participants at the end of the race.
2. WHERE DOES THE RACE START? WHERE DOES IT END?
The event will start and end at Ward Parkway and Central, near the southwest corner of the Country Club Plaza.
3. WHERE DOES THE COURSE GO?
The course will follow a loop along both sides of Brush Creek from approximately State Line Road on the west to Bruce Watkins Boulevard on the east. A course map can be found on the race info page. This is a pretty flat course with virtually no hills.
4. WHAT IF IT RAINS?
We will run in the rain, cold or snow. However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the race. There are no refunds.
5. WHAT IF I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND? CAN I GET A REFUND?
There will be no refunds of registration fees for the race for any reason.
6. ARE STROLLERS ALLOWED? ARE DOGS ALLOWED?
No, there is too much congestion in the start/finish area and on some parts of the course to allow participants to push strollers or to run with dogs.
7. DO I HAVE TO REGISTER ONLINE? HOW DO I VERIFY MY REGISTRATION?
You can register online by clicking here or download a hard copy of the registration form clicking here and mailing it, along with a check made payable to KC Running Company, to KC Running Company at 200 E 135th St, Kansas City, MO 64145. You can verify your registration at any time by clicking here.
8. WHERE AND WHEN IS PACKET PICKUP?
Packet pick up information can be found on the race info page.
9. WHERE DO I PARK ON RACE DAY?
There will be parking at a number of locations in the area surrounding the start/finish.
10. WHAT IF MY NAME IS SPELLED WRONG, MY AGE IS WRONG, ETC.?
No problem. Just go into your registration and edit your information. If you are not able to figure it out, just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make the necessary changes to your registration.
11. I REGISTERED BUT CAN'T PARTICIPATE; CAN I STILL PICK UP MY T-SHIRT?
Yes. Please stop by and pick up your bib, and race shirt at packet pickup. Shirts and medals will NOT be mailed.
12. I WON'T BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE. MAY I TRANSFER MY REGISTRATION TO NEXT YEAR OR GIVE IT TO A FRIEND?
Yes you can transfer your registration to another person by going in to your registration. There will be no refunds, however, for any reason.
13. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER. HOW CAN THEY HELP?
Please go to the Volunteers page for more information on volunteer needs and to sign up.
14. CAN A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER PICK UP MY PACKET?
15. WHAT CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION WILL MY PARTICIPATION BENEFIT?
Saint Luke's Home Care and Hospice is the charity partner for the Plaza 10K Run/Walk. Learn more about this organization by clicking here.